The Bride and the Groom may seem to be the centre-pieces of a wedding, but for the guests, it is the food and the drinks! They always seem to remember the quality of the food that they have had at a wedding.
Food is going to be the largest expense at your wedding, and if you are not comfortable with shelling out a lot of cash by hiring a caterer, then you can do your own wedding catering. But this is a convenient option only if you have a short guest list. The exciting part about catering your own wedding is that you could involve more family members and friends in your wedding to help you out with the food. It becomes an enjoyable and heart-warming experience for everybody to remember for a long time.
If it is a lavish wedding party on your mind, then you need to make sure about serving the tastiest food by finding the perfect caterer for you. Wedding catering is a very tricky area, and a lot of things have to be taken care of – like the quality of the ingredients, the quantity of food to be served and so on. So it is necessary to ensure that you hire an experienced and reliable caterer.
Pointers for Your Wedding Caterer hunting
- Begin looking for wedding caterers at the earliest. You would have attended a lot of weddings and tasted the food so you can start by checking on the familiar caterers or you could also get references from your friends and family members.
- If the function is going to be held at a hotel, hall or club they will provide you with their in-house caterers. There is also the option of mobile caterers who will provide you services at any location which can be indoor or outdoor.
- Call up your caterer to discuss their services and to give them the details of your wedding date, location and the time of your reception, the style and theme of your reception and a guesstimate of the number of guests. You can ask them for the menu and price information.
- Check with the caterer for a portfolio of past weddings and other events they have catered to. This will give you a picture of their style of work and efficiency.
- Don’t forget to check if the caterer has a food permit and make sure you gather all the other necessary details about the caterer, get their references and always check with those references to get enough assurance about the caterer before making a decision.
Good food creates a splendid impression about the host, and it shows how much care you have taken to make sure that your guests have the most delicious experience. So go ahead and get the best wedding caterer to make your special day memorable for everyone.